A. If you are in school, talk to your guidance counselor about being referred to an alternative school through the Re-Engagement Center.
B. If you are not in school, call the Boston Public Schools' Re-Engagement Center (617-635-2273) and asked to be referred to EDCO. They will have a process you need to go through before contacting EDCO.
- Once you have worked with the Re-Engagement Center (REC) and they have given you a referral letter for EDCO, please call EDCO (617-262-9562) to express interest in the program.
- Let the school coordinator know you have been referred by the REC and that they will be receiving a fax or email from the REC with a referral letter, your transcript, attendance record, MCAS history, and IEP if applicable). Have a conversation with an EDCO staff member to review basic eligibility information.
- If deemed eligible based on this conversation and the academic records received by the REC, you will make an appointment to attend and information session.
- Attend the Information Session (parent/guardian strongly encouraged to accompany students) and take online basic skills Reading & Math tests.
- Student must call EDCO to request basic skills test scores.
- Complete application forms and provide required documentation.
- Attend interview with EDCO staff member.
- Expect phone call within days regarding application status.
- Attend accepted students orientation to meet teaching staff, receive class schedule, and review EDCO Student Handbook.
- Begin classes as an EDCO student!